Thursday, July 16, 2009

Our best purchased, gifted, and borrowed items

Somebody asked me the other day what were some good products that we could recommend. Below are a bunch of the ones that we LOVE.

First and foremost...a day/night video monitor...we cannot say enough good things about it!

A really nice stroller...we bought the Quinny Buzz stroller for walking around the neighborhood and the local parks. It has real tires and is the best ride for Makena. It's easy to push and goes over the nature trails. We've got tons of hills too, so this was definitely a good buy!

Two booster chairs...we bought the Fisher-Price Healthy Booster chair for her to eat in at the table. I'm not a big fan of the huge high chairs and our kitchen table is gathering height so the traditional ones wouldn't work. We ended up buying another one (primarily to have an extra tray for the house), and are able to use it in restaurants. She is so used to the chair that there isn't the usual going-out trauma that we experience if we don't bring it. And...they are inexpensive!

A great lullaby mix...our friends gifted us a copy of the mix that they made when their son was little. It is the greatest mix of lullaby music, and it isn't the usual baby stuff. I find myself getting sleepy while I'm trying to put her to bed if I have the CD on. Thanks, Miss Marne and Mr. Jason (and Max!)!

The Baby Bjorn Travel Crib...is the greatest invention in the world of pack and plays. Not only is it super portable, but she can't hurt herself if she falls. There is no metal that she can hit and it isn't some obnoxious color palette or character theme! Thanks, Grandpapa and Grandmama!

A rubber duck bathtub...we "invested" in the $10 blow-up duck tub and found that Makena is in love with her tub! Even after we empty the water out she will stay in the tub until she is shivering. Even the bottom is full of air, making it (apparently) very comfortable on her little tush. It also doesn't use that much water. Awesome...

The Toddler 411 book...for those of us parents who start with a one-year-old, this book was a lifesaver! We struggled a bit in the beginning, but got a lot of knowledge from that book once we got home.

I know that there are a BUNCH more things, but I need to get some things done before she wakes up from her nap. Charlie is on a business trip, and I'm so proud that I was able to vacuum the house while holding Makena and fending off two Jack Russells that aren't big fans of the vacuum!

No comments: