Anyway, Makena and I have our first playdate tomorrow with a mom and daughter that we met through the adoption community. We can't wait (and really hope that they will understand why our house is not quite as organized as we would like!)...
When Charlie and I met we knew it would lead us around the world and to places we never dreamed possible...our current journey requires us to begin PICKING NAMES (again!)...
Thursday, July 30, 2009
Gotta have Shades
Today was a super good day. Charlie got home from a business trip and everyone (mama most I think) was super glad to see him. I can tell that I switched my philosophy once we hit the one-month mark of being back in the States. I used to be anti-television for kids. I still am, but decided that allowing her to watch a show while I was cleaning the kitchen for 15 minutes was better and more productive than her screaming every time I put her down. We watch Ni Hao, Kai Lan, which is a cartoon by Nickelodeon that is about the cutest little girl and her friends. They say things in Chinese and she says that everything is "super...fill in the blank". I find that I am saying that we are super happy or everything is super good or that something is super yummy...I originally heard that on the Legally Blond movies, but now I am repeating it because there is a little cartoon kid saying it in my house every morning! Makena really does respond to the Chinese though and (for those of you who are interested) the new Kai Lan's Great Trip to China episode is really great and talks all about things that kids would be interested in about China.
Anyway, Makena and I have our first playdate tomorrow with a mom and daughter that we met through the adoption community. We can't wait (and really hope that they will understand why our house is not quite as organized as we would like!)...
Just showing off her new tooth...boy, that was sure fun!
Just chilling in my cool ride...walking Scout and Boo!
My shades might not be Dior, but they stay on!
Anyway, Makena and I have our first playdate tomorrow with a mom and daughter that we met through the adoption community. We can't wait (and really hope that they will understand why our house is not quite as organized as we would like!)...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment