Today was another good day (and it isn't nearly over yet!). We got up for good at 5:30am and played a bit after our bottle. Breakfast was great (as always...normally I am completely opposed to buffets, but for breakfast in a hotel, it is great!). We're expanding our feeding of Makena. I'm sure that she already had all of these foods, but we're trying to add things slowly to make sure that she a) doesn't throw them in disgust, and b) they agree with her belly. At breakfast we added noodles and she slurped them up!
Our city tour was at one of the three most beautiful pavilions in China (according to our guide, not my limited experience!). It truly was lovely and we even got to see a show at the top of the pavilion! Makena really doesn't like to sit still, and after pulling on me and twirling around in my lap, she decided to flirt with the little boy sitting next to us. He was probably three, and him wanting nothing to do with her made her flirt that much harder! Very endearing! But our big adventure of the day was to the American Embassy...McDonald's! The entire bus cheered when Veronica asked if we wanted to get carry out...Charlie was first in line! He ate more from McDonald's than I've ever seen him eat in one sitting! He bought me a strawberry shake as a treat. On the bus ride back to the hotel I stole a sip and Mak looked at me as if to say, what about me? So we handed her the straw, and sure enough...slurp! She screamed when we took it away. Apparently she has more experience with different drinking containers than we gave her credit for! We came back to the room and Mak shared french fries with us while we chowed down! It was a long afternoon after that - she screamed (and no, I'm not exaggerating...it was screaming) for probably a solid hour. She's napping right now, but that sure was a fight. I talked to a couple of the other moms and they seemed to have the same problem.
Tonight we are eating at the local restaurant in the hotel. I am looking forward to getting some good food in her belly (and hopefully in ours too) so that we can have a good night's sleep. We just picked up all of our notarial paperwork, and now we know why it cost 4000 yuan. Wow...talk about a lot of paper! Overall the evening looks to be pretty typical for this week! Tomorrow we will be touring the countryside, which is similar to where Makena is from. Veronica will also go to the police station to get the baby passports. That will allow us to leave Jiangxi province come Saturday morning. That also means that tomorrow I need to start thinking about packing all of our stuff back up. Wow..I never knew we could pack so much and only have it weigh 88 pounds total! Wish me luck!
No comments:
Post a Comment