Well, we made it through the medical exam! We don't actually know any of the results, but if we receive Makena's Visa, then we know that everything was fine! This morning was quite an experience. After our now typical breakfast buffet, we headed to get all of the baby's Visa pictures taken. Of course, Makena fell asleep right before we got there, so I had to wake her to get her picture taken. Anyone who has woken a sleeping baby understands what a great picture that makes! It actually wasn't as bad as I expected though, as she puts on the Hollywood smile when she sees a camera. After we waited for them to be developed, we headed to the clinic. There is actually a room that says across the doorway: "Medical Examination Room for Adopted Children" (I think...I left the camera in the room on accident and wasn't able to get a picture!). There were three rooms and we circulated throughout them. We started with the temperature, height, and weight. Her temperature was normal and she weighed 20.9 pounds (which is lighter than they said she was!) - I was too busy trying to calm her down after they stretched her out to check her height to know what they said! Then it was onto the ENT; she didn't have any problem with that. The final check was with the physician. I had to hand her over and they checked her out...she was NOT a fan! To celebrate our medical exams being completed, we stopped by Subway with some other folks to have lunch.
Makena actually took a nap today too! We decided that "putting her down" for a nap was just not her style, so Charlie headed to the pool and I put Mak in her new wheels and we strolled around the island for a long time. She fell asleep and actually let me transfer her to the bed for a good solid hour nap...yay! Success is sweet! I went off with the group to a Buddhist temple and then to the pearl market, while Charlie spent some time bonding with his princess. Charlie and Makena had a great time together - he even fed her and changed her diaper! My hero! The temple was so interesting and the pearl market was crazy! It was a 5-story mall of nothing but jewelry vendors! I stuck to the store that Veronica recommended and bought myself two strands of pearls - one black and the other multi. I will pass the black pearls to Makena should she want them someday. After we finally got everyone checked out and the pearls were hand strung (they knot in between each pearl), we discovered that our bus had broken down. So we waited...and waited...and waited in the rain! It came back finally and we headed home. A traditional Cantonese dinner (not a lot of vegetarian choices at the restaurant we went to...all I'm going to say is that they served pigeon and snake...ugh) for us and now Makena is snoozing, Charlie headed downstairs, and I'm heading to bed!
Tomorrow we will wait for the call saying that our paperwork was accepted by the US government (!) and our traditional red couch photos! The other thing that I am most looking forward to is seeing the developed pictures from Makena's box. On Gotcha Day we received the box that her care package came in with a few items inside...there was the letter that we sent, the panda stuffed animal, a bag of her formula and rice cereal, and two disposable cameras! We thought that the birthday pictures that we received from Ann were from the camera that we sent! Charlie dropped the cameras off at the photo store today and we can pick them up tomorrow at noon....I hope that there are some good pictures on there!
No comments:
Post a Comment