Wednesday, June 03, 2009

And we're off...

It's 12:19am and we're officially packed and ready to go...okay, okay...lesson learned. We should have started packing before 9pm tonight! It was easy to keep our checked bags under the 44lb weight limit for China, but it was a bit tough to squeeze everything in. Between the two of us, we have two 25" check bags and a few small carry-ons - for 17 days! Wish us luck...

I was just standing in my closet staring at my options and I realized that this is probably the last time for many years that I will have that luxury. I imagine that our daughter will not sit patiently while I try on four different outfits every morning or simply stare at the rack and think that I have nothing to wear.

Charlie and I are so excited to start this new chapter; I just got a message that our flight from home to Newark is two hours late tomorrow morning. Good thing we have a four-hour layover!

No comments: