I caved...I broke down...today I join the masses and started my first blog. It isn't that I haven't wanted to for a few years or that I haven't had anything to say or that I'm not technically savvy...I simply realized that today was the day. No more putting it off. You may be wondering why I chose the title of Picking Names, which could be construed many different ways. Well let me tell you our story.
Charlie and I got married several years ago. Busy with bustling careers, crazy commutes, and a super-sized mortgage, we decided we would wait a couple of years to start our family. I always wanted children, but Charlie's desire grew along with our marriage. It seemed that one moment I would be ready and he wouldn't, then it would be him ready but not me...it was the day that we were both ready that my stomach did a little flip. It was that time. We were going to try for a baby. Needless to say, getting pregnant isn't something that you can simply decide. Ask anyone who has tried to get pregnant more than one month and they will confirm this fact. But the moment that we decided to try, my mind went crazy trying to pick names for these unborn and as-of-yet-unconceived children. I went through thousands of names, each one with different connotations, denotations, and evoked feelings...everything from Ally to Zoe.
Anyway...after much trial and tribulation, we decided on adoption for a multitude of reasons. What I am planning to include in my blog is the book that I started writing - and will hopefully finish - as we go through our adoption journey to bring our little one home.