Wednesday, July 02, 2008

Tag - I'm it!

Rebecca tagged me...so here it goes!

10 Years Ago...
I had just moved to Los Angeles from Baltimore. I was working for an educational initiative and barely scraping by. I didn't know it at the time, but I would lose my mom within the year.

5 Years Ago...
I was living in Los Angeles as a newlywed and driving four or so hours a day to get to the office and home. Charlie and I were enjoying our home and our friends, but looking back, what I really enjoyed was the weather! Five years ago this month, we traveled to Tahiti for my 30th birthday! This year it is Turks and Caicos...

5 Months Ago...
I was doing exactly what I am doing now, only wearing warmer clothes! I was also thinking that our adoption might come through this summer (five months later that is not the case).

5 Things on my To-Do List...
Find paintings for the dining room
Install our new solar outside lights
Look for a new sofa
Walk the dogs (this is always on the list...)
Find a billion dollars (see below...)

5 Snacks I Enjoy...
Edamame
Hummus and pita
Air-popped popcorn
Strawberry yogurt
Almonds

5 Things I Would do if I had a Billion Dollars...
Travel the world and take everyone with us
Work to fix the domestic adoption system
Move to a new place
Send our kids/siblings/nieces/nephews/us to (or back to) college
Retire!

5 of my Bad Habits...
Procrastinating things at work
Letting the Internet hog all my time
Not returning things to the store when I should
Grocery shopping the European way...shopping for one meal at a time
Not listening to voice mails right away

5 Places I have Lived...
Greensboro, North Carolina
Santa Clarita, California
Los Angeles, California
Columbia, Maryland
Evansville, Indiana

5 Jobs I have had...
High School Teacher
Program Manager
Technical Writer
Training Manager
Technical Communicator

5 Things most People don't know about me...
I work out with a personal trainer 3 times a week
Charlie and I don't exchange gifts for any holiday (except every 5 years of marriage)
Our to-be adopted daughter already has a room with furniture and clothes
Sunglasses are my favorite accessory - if I could have a hundred pairs I would!
I hate going to the doctor and only go when I absolutely have to

I tag...Robyn (if you are reading this!)